So, there’s plenty to do these days and I wanted to get your feedback on something.
Just a quick rundown:
- The Unconquered Chronicles began last Wednesday.
- The Bible Study I teach began last Sunday.
- The Magic Ticket takes off tomorrow.
- We are beginning the Miracle Sports baseball season tomorrow.
- My first game as a middle school football coach is this Saturday.
- The ‘Noles kick off Saturday too.
- We might be starting Caedmon and Jackson in Cub Scouts, which commits me every Monday night.
- Not to mention, my regular preaching and teaching at King’s Way.
- And, my other writing projects, including marketing Grateful, and continuing The Journey.
There’s plenty to do, but I already wrote about that. (here)
I’m sure you could list all that you’re doing and make me feel as busy as a clam. But I’m not trying to compare schedules; I’m asking for your help on something and I believe those items shed light onto the subject.
Here’s what I’m considering. I want to erase the current ryansprague.com, which is focused on Grateful, and point that web address to this blog. This would become ryansprague.com.
I also want to re-brand this blog… again.
I have to continue to clarify who I am, what I do, and what I’m about, and this blog should reflect that. It almost does that now, but not exactly. I’m sure you’ve noticed my posts can have little to do with each other (Consider this and this as examples).
The only connective tissue is me being the author. I want to improve that.
I’m considering renaming this blog, and calling it “Faith, Family, and Fable” to communicate who I am and what I, and this blog, am about.
Faith, because I am a follower of Jesus Christ and faith is the fundamental element of my existence. You might not share my faith or convictions, but my faith and convictions drive what I do and say. I believe right actions come from right thoughts, and right thoughts come from right beliefs.
Family because I believe, after faith, the home is the key to everything. We don’t need to fix welfare or the tax code, we need to fix families. We don’t need more social workers, we need more dads being responsible. I believe in kids honoring their parents and parents lovingly leading their kids. Most of my “nobody’s normal” ideas are best cultivated in the home and through the family.
Fable because I’m head over heels for writing and story. This blog is an example of that new-found joy, but I shared why I write in another post, so I digress. A fable is a story with a moral lesson, and that’s exactly what I want to do. Whether it’s a blog post, a novel, a kid’s book, a sports article, a sermon, or a Bible study, I want to communicate truth through a story.
So, there it is. Please share your thoughts.
- Am I accomplishing my goal of clarifying what this blog is about?
- Would you know better what to expect from a given post?
- Would you be able to better recommend the blog to friends?
- Do I need to go back to the drawing board?
You represent one of the faithful who have been participating with this blog, so I sincerely desire your input. Looking forward to your thoughts.